McCoart Building, Board Chambers
PWSRA Annual Meeting
63 Referees in Attendance as well as Maggi Patton, Recreation Commissioner for PWSI
Barry Sherry called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes from the last business meeting were read. Motion to accept minutes; Marty Cox seconded the motion. Everyone approved.
New Business: Head Referee Nomination
1. No email nominations were received therefore nobody volunteered to run for Head Referee.
2. Debbie O’Connor nominated Barry Sherry for Head Ref. No one opposed
3. Marty Cox seconds the nomination
4. J.R. Bryant motioned to close nominations, Marty Cox, “second the motion”.
5. Barry Sherry wins re-election by unanimous vote.
No new business to report therefore business meeting is closed.
Grade7 referees were asked to stand up to be recognized. Those present were:
Piece of advice given to anyone who wants to upgrade, “record all your games because you’ll need them for upgrades”.
Ben Jones, former MLS Referee- Guest Speaker
Ben spoke about his experiences refereeing college games and how he volunteers at Pride Academy. Pride is a residential camp held at the University of Richmond; five days and four nights of classroom and field training. Three 2008 Pride Graduates from PWSRA were in attendance:
Jim Griffin from Badger Sports donated and conducted raffles for door prizes.
Meeting ended at 9:00 p.m. with distribution of Fall paychecks.
J R Bryant
Kipp C. Dunn