LAW 5 - THE REFEREE
- provides the appropriate authorities with a match report which includes information on any disciplinary action taken against players, and/or team officials and any other incidents which occurred before, during or after the match
It is a requirement in the Laws of the Game that a report be filed after each match. For PWSRA the following procedures apply:
- Game reports must be filed the day of the match unless prior arrangement with the assignor has been made
- Only the referee is responsible for and can file a report. If an assistant referee desires to provide additional information, or in the case of no report filed by the referee within 24 hours, they should email the assignor with that information.
- For instances of red card sendoffs, dismissal of coach/team official (whether or not a red card was displayed), suspension of match until a disruptive spectator leaves the area, or any match which is termination, the referee must immediately notify the assignor. A separate notification is required, preferably by phone. If using email, clearly identify in the subject line the cause of the email, e.g. Red Card Sendoff.
- If no game report is filed it is assumed that the referee was a no-show and will not be paid and, in addition, may be fined