Note: This is an extract from the official tournament rules that referees must be aware of.
Official Rules: http://www.pwsitournaments.org/Default.aspx?tabid=719419&showpageeditor=1
LAWS OF THE GAME
All games shall be played in accordance with FIFA Laws, except as specifically modified by these rules.
LAW 2 - THE BALL
- A Size 5 ball is used. The tournament will provide game balls at the field.
LAW 3 - THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS
- PLAYER REGISTRATION CARDS AND THE OFFICIAL TEAM ROSTER, APPROVED BY THE PWSI STAFF, MUST BE AVAILABLE AT THE FIELD PRIOR TO A GAME AND FOR THE DURATION OF THE GAME. THE REFEREE PRIOR TO THE MATCH MAY CHECK PLAYER IDENTIFICATION CARDS. Each team must present an Official Game Roster prior to each match denoting the maximum 18 players that will be participating in that game. The remaining players (listed on the Official State Roster but not listed on the Official Game Roster) may sit on the team bench side HOWEVER they may NOT be in uniform.
- Players must wear numbers visible on the back of their uniforms. The shirt number of each player must be the same as the roster.
- Players and coaches of both teams will take the same side of the field. All other supporters will take the opposite side.
- Only three team officials are permitted on the sidelines with their players.
- Unlimited substitutions may be made on any stoppage with the referee’s permission
- Limited substitutions may be made, with the referee’s permission:
- In case of stoppage of play for an injury; or
- To replace a cautioned player.
LAW 4 - PLAYERS' EQUIPMENT
- No metal cleats will be allowed, and no jewelry will be allowed.
- Casts are permitted with the permission of the referee.
- Where opposing team’s uniform colors are similar, the designated home team will change colors. The designated home team is listed first on the schedule.
LAW 7 - DURATION OF THE MATCH
- 15U through 19U -- two 40 minute halves
- Each game will have a 5 minute halftime.
- All games will be played with a running clock. The referee may stop the clock for serious injuries or other incidents.
GAME AND SCORE REPORTING
- The Winning team will deliver the completed and signed Score Card by the referee to the appropriate Site Official (Division Coordinator/Site Coordinator) promptly at the conclusion of each game.
- If the result of the game is a tie then the home team will deliver the score card.
- Players, coaches and team officials ejected from a game by the referee shall be ineligible for the next scheduled game (red card or 2 yellow cards).
- Ineligible coaches are not permitted at the field; ineligible players may sit on the bench (but not in uniform).
- It is the responsibility of the team’s coach or the person acting in the coach’s behalf to control the conduct of its parents and other spectators.
- Failure to do so may result in a warning to the coach or the person acting in the coach’s behalf by the referee.
- If unacceptable conduct continues, the referee may eject the team’s coach, or the person acting in the coach’s behalf, from the game.
- Artificial noisemaker devices are prohibited.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any of the field sites.